|Title:||Server/Bartender/Cafe- AKRR Catering|
|Location:||Alaska Railroad - OnBoard|
Summary: Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server's primary objective is to provide exceptional customer service and enhance the experience of Guest travel, in railroad dining car operated by the Alaska Railroad.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you're there to personally take care of them.
- Fully educated on all menu items including food, beverage, alcohol, and grab & go
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Removes dishes from table and carries them to kitchen
- Washing dishes
- Places clean linen, silverware, and glassware on table.
- Receives and stores linen supplies.
- Prepares and serves mixed drinks.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the Project Manager or immediate supervisor.
- Assists at depots and stops with the safe loading and unloading of passengers, assisting physically challenged and special groups by opening doors, operating chair lift, etc.Provides assistance with crowd control.
- Must be willing to substitute in at other, local ESS units on days off when needed
- Others duties added as needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience - High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Language Skills - Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. The ability to print and speak simple sentences. Must be able read, write and understand English.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual shall have knowledge of POS Order processing systems.
Certificates - Alaska TAPS Card, AK State Food Workers Card, First Aid & CPR Required
Must be 21 or older
Fluent in English
Have basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds up to chest level and 20 or less above chest level. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to motion. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About ESS Support Services
Even in the most remote locations, from offshore oil rigs in the Gulf to coastal logging camps in B.C., or feeding summer Cadet camps in the Yukon, ESS Support Services is there. We are the market leader in providing remote foodservice and related support assistance to clients, wherever their location, no matter how extreme the environment may be. Services extend across North America, and include such facilities as drill camps, mining camps, construction camps, permanent facilities, pipeline camps, offshore, forestry camps oil & gas installations, military situations and correctional facilities. We support every aspect of daily community life for our clients' resident workers -- 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
ESS Support Services offers a competitive wages; which, coupled with the benefits and 401k opportunities through our owner company, Compass Group, this could be just what you have been looking for in remote site work. For general information on benefits and programs: www.altogethergreat.com
We are committed that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you require assistance in the application process, please contact us at:
ESS Support Services
Alaska Regional Office
201 Post Road, Anchorage, AK 99501
800-478-1207, ext 829; email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status. EEO is the Law poster.